How to Claim a EuroMillions Prize
The way in which you claim a EuroMillions prize depends on the amount you won and whether the entry was purchased online or in-store. This guide sets out the options available to winners.
The deadline for claiming any EuroMillions prize in Spain is three months after the draw has taken place.
- Prizes up to and including €600 - Your prize will be automatically deposited into your online National Lottery account.
- Prizes between €601 and €1,999 - Your prize will be automatically paid into the bank account linked to your National Lottery account.
- Prizes of €2,000 and over - You will need to log in to your National Lottery account and request payment of your prize within three months of the last draw you entered. The prize will then be paid into the bank account linked to your National Lottery account, within a three-day period subject to validation checks. Winnings worth over €20,000 are subject to tax.
From a Retailer
- Prizes up to and including €1,999 - Visit any authorised National Lottery retailer in Spain with your ticket to claim your prize. You must take the original winning ticket and not a copy.
- Prizes of €2,000 and over - Visit any of the lottery’s bank partners in Spain with your ticket to claim your prize. You will have to provide a proof of your identity.
Purchased a Ticket from Another Country?
You must claim any EuroMillions prize you win in the same country where you purchased your ticket. If you bought your ticket somewhere other than Spain, you can select the relevant country from the options in the top-right of the screen to see instructions on how to claim.
If you play online from another country using a lottery betting website or lottery concierge service, prizes will be paid directly into your online account. Check with the relevant site for full terms and conditions.