How to Claim a EuroMillions Prize
The way in which you claim a EuroMillions prize depends on the amount won and whether the entry was purchased online or in-store. This guide sets out the options available for winners.
The deadline for claiming any EuroMillions prize in Portugal is 90 days after the draw has taken place.
- Prizes up to €150 – Any prize of this value will be paid automatically into your online account shortly after the draw has taken place.
- Prizes between €150.01 and €1,999.99 – Your prize will automatically be transferred to the bank account linked to your online account.
- Prizes between €2,000 and €4,999.99 – You must complete an online claim form and your identity will be validated before the money is transferred to your bank account.
- Prizes of €5,000 and over – You must fill out an online claim form and then go to the National Lottery claim centre in either Lisbon or Porto (details below) to claim your prize in person. The prize cannot be paid until at least 12 days after the draw has taken place.
From a Retailer
- Prizes up to €150 - Visit any authorised lottery retailer to claim a EuroMillions prize of up to €150.
- Prizes between €150.01 and €5,000 – You can stake your claim from an official lottery retailer or at one of the National Lottery claims centres. Winnings will be paid directly into your bank account once your ticket has been validated.
- Prizes of €5,000 and over – You must claim your prize in person from a National Lottery claims centre, although it will not be available until at least 12 days after the draw has passed. The payment will be made by bank transfer. The claims centres are based in Lisbon and Porto and the addresses are shown below:
Avenida da Liberdade, 194
Rua de Aleixo da Mota no 86
Tax on Prizes
If you win a prize of more than €5,000 in Portugal, it will be subject to tax at the statutory rate of 20%.
Purchased a Ticket from Another Country?
You must claim any EuroMillions prize you win in the same country where you purchased your ticket. If you bought your ticket somewhere other than Portugal, you can select the relevant country from the options in the top-right of the screen to see instructions on how to claim.
If you play online from another country using a lottery betting website or lottery concierge service, prizes will be paid directly into your online account. Check with the relevant site for full terms and conditions.